Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Navigation system user-survey

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Call for drivers to participate in short online questionnaire

Apologies, I didnt approach the moderators before posting this message.

My sampling strategy has been to post the advertisement on a number of driving and GPS related internet forums and message boards, as you say to attempt to obtain a wide selection of participants.

There are 3 outcomes envisaged for this research:

Firstly, there is very little data in the literature regarding GPS users (e.g. demographics, acceptance of systems, behavioural effects of using systems), it is hoped that this questionnaire will shed further light on some of this data.

Also, given an appropriate sample size some interseting comparisons should be made between GPS users and non-users for a variety of driving behaviours. It is hoped that these will form the basis of more stuctured finely tuned research using a high fidelity driving simulator.

Additionally, the questions used in part 2 of the study have been form the basis of the Driver Behaviour questionnaire. This has been used in a number of contexts and factor analysis has revealed 3 stable factors for these aberrant driver behaviours. It is hoped that, this factor structure will be replicated using online methodology, and participants from a variety of countries (and cultures).

There are currently no plans to submit this research for publication, it is envisaged it will form part of a wider study into driver behavioural adaptation to navigation systems.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you have any more please dotn hesitate to contact me. My email is

Nick Forbes
Currently in nfor's garage:
2004 renaults laguna
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome