Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megan Coupe air in braking system

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megan Coupe air in braking system

Hi I have a Renault Megane Coupe which I bought second hand in february this year, and almost straight away it developed a problem with the brakes, when I first got it the brakes were very sharp and you bearly had to touch them, but after a few weeks they became very spongy and i have to press almost to the floor to get them to respond unless you pump really hard. I've taken it to several garages all have said its getting air in the hydraulic system but they are unable to say how, once it has been bled the brakes work fine for about a week then the problem comes back, I have taken it back to the dealer I bought it from, they have replaced a hose that was worn and replaced the master cylinder but this has not solved it. The car is a 11 plate. Can anyone suggest a solution, I have phoned a Renault garage and they said they have never heard of this problem before.
  5 Lastest Threads by kevinneal
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megan Coupe air in braking system Brakes/Hubs ours2012 5 710 30th May 2015 09:13 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome