Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bad Cold Starting Problems - Help!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Bad Cold Starting Problems - Help!

My 19 1.4 RT has become very bad at cold starts. I have done a service and replaced the distibutor cap/rotor and the HT leads since it started but it seems to be getting worse. Last night I checked the gap on the new spark plugs and set them to 0.8mm as per the haynes manual I have and it was just as bad this morning.
Once I manage to get it running, (which takes about 45 seconds or so of turning it over) it will splutter into life and will then run a bit doggy until it's warm. Also until it is warm it will hesitate through the revs from about 2000-3000. What I mean is when it's cold and ticking over if you put your foot down it will get up to 2000 or so, stall for a half a second and drop back a little before the revs pick up again- is this a timing issue? Other work recently done has been a cambelt 3000 miles ago (garage) and has run fine after - and the mid exhaust section.
I have read on some posts that cold start problems could be a coolant sensor / crank angle sensor problem??? Also a friend advised me to check all my servo hoses and the lambda sensor.
Any help would be most appreciated on this one!!
Currently in MikeMac's garage:
19 1.4 RT
  5 Lastest Threads by MikeMac
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bad Cold Starting Problems - Help! Cars & motoring Lagdti 7 1638 3rd September 2007 12:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome