Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Interiors - Continuous Toxic fume monitoring warning light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Renault Scenic - Interiors - Continuous Toxic fume monitoring warning light

Hello. I hope that someone might be able to help reassure me that I have not got a major problem….however I have a feeling I have! I bought a 3yr old Renault Scenic, 1.6lt 1-valve petrol, in October last with 24,000 miles on the clock.
The car has been driving well. It does have a slight whine on the engine when first started but it stops after a very short drive time.
Today the wife came home with the good news that “there’s a light on in the dash”
Oh good!!! I have checked and the ‘Toxic fume monitoring warning light’ has come up continuously on the instrument panel. I have checked later once the engine cooled down and it is still on. There is no pause between turning the key, when the all the lights come on, then all off. The ‘Toxic fume monitoring warning light’ stays on with no flickering. The car seems to be driving smoothly and does not sound any different.
1) Anyone have any ideas where to start before I have to shell out a fortune at the dealers?
2) Is it safe to keep using it specially with the kids/wife in it, until I can get it sorted out?

Currently in dalmations's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic II 1.8l 16v petrol

Last edited by dalmations; 27th January 2006 at 08:40 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by dalmations
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Object fallen down air intake manifold - What to... Engines bugsb 6 975 4th October 2014 06:01 PM
Tips on replacing the MAP sensor? Engines dalmations 2 731 27th September 2014 02:49 PM
Where is the Idle control valve? Engines Nottnoc 1 626 25th September 2014 09:40 AM
Low idle speed Engines madnoel10 4 3144 29th May 2010 11:14 AM
Turning over but failing to start. Engines dalmations 14 3760 23rd May 2010 05:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome