Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Little Help needed with Rust

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Little Help needed with Rust

Just got my clio through its MOT and it didn't cos anywhere near as much as i thought it might. Because of this i have now decided to take the time to tidy it up properly. The two main things that i want to sort out first are the rust that is above the rear wheel arches (offside rear isn't in too bad condition), near side is the biggest problem see below:

Is it possible for me to do this myself and make it look relatively good, I'm basically a laymen to this but can't afford to get it done properly.

My second problem is a leaky sunroof. Now i've come up with a solution of a window sticker and duct tape. Classy, no. Effective, yes. However did use some crap duct tape a while back and the glue is still stuck to my roof. any ideas of how to get rid of this without stripping the paint, cheers.
Currently in hammonds's garage:
1993 Renault Clio with an added shower feature

Last edited by hammonds; 3rd September 2007 at 06:24 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by hammonds
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Looking for Alloys Wheels & tyres Lagdti 4 925 5th September 2007 05:08 PM
Clio 1.4 - Engine tuning General tuning hengushrh 35 15623 3rd September 2007 06:55 PM
Little Help needed with Rust Bodywork kr1s1991h 3 957 3rd September 2007 06:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome