Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tyre recommendations

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by lagdti
'All Lagunas pull to the right under braking because of the power steering'
That is priceless!
Did a Main Dealer tell you that?
Wow! The last time I heard that one, it was from a certain Vauxhall dealer who'd just done a lousy job of jigging my MkII Astra when some old duffer thought 'give way' meant 'wait for something to come along then pull out.'

I took the same car to Smiley's (that's how long ago it was) and got the free four wheel alignment check. The mechanic's words are still there in my head "Who did this for you? Stevie Wonder?" As I recall, the spec for the car was supposed to be toe-out 10mm. It was actually toe-in to around the same amount. I took it back to the Vauxhall dealer, who put it up on the ramp and proved that the alignment was correct using... wait for it... a tape measure between the fronts of both wheels. All that proved to me (after Smileys had used the laser alignment on it) was that the dimensions of the front of the car were now out, after they'd supposedly re-aligned the whole thing on the body jig.

But that was over a decade ago. I didn't realise that old excuse was still doing the rounds. If a car pulls to one side, then there's something wrong with it.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome