Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Laguna - Roof Rails not bars

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 6th September 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
They look a bit like the Halfords bars that I had for my Laguna I - they worked fine, but were a bit of a pig to fit and remove. They also only appear to be rated to 50Kg. The Renault ones are (I think) rated to 70 or 75 - handy when you're wanting to dump heavy camping gear in there.

Now here's a set of second-hand genuine bars. Going for more than I paid for mine once you add the P&P, but maybe worth watching

Renault Laguna Roof Bars Instructions & Key [GT] on eBay Roof Racks, Touring Travel, Car Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (item 110164897102 end time 09-Sep-07 19:57:00 BST)

The only problem with the second-hand ones is that the original kit comes with some clear plastic to protect the paint on the edge of the doors. These are left permanently attached to the car, so you won't get them with the second-hand bars.

When I swapped cars, I had murder getting replacements until SportTourer on here kindly sent me some spare material that he had kicking around. You might find similar difficulties getting hold of the stuff.

Here's some used Thule bars starting at 20 quid too. I'd take them over the new 'cheapie' ones any day.
THULE ROOF BARS, FOR RENAULT LAGUNA II HATCHBACK, on eBay Roof Racks, Touring Travel, Car Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (item 290157928867 end time 12-Sep-07 20:59:00 BST)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome