Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 1.6i Idling problems - Engine cut out at junction ?

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 6th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to rendauphine
and the stories go on?

I drive a 2002 Authentique Automatic which started to play up about a month ago. Like most of the posts on here my car would stall at junctions etc. The electrics incident light would show up and a little later the gearbox incident light would also come on. Then into the limp mode, which is a bundle of laughts.
The car went into a local dealer who started talking about the gearbox, which made me think in terms of a 2000 repair bill. So I went to another dealer who said it was the motorised throttle body , which they replaced. Within a day the car was acting up the same again, so back it went. Now they thought it was the plugs and coils , which they replaced. Again within a day same problem appeared, back again to the dealer. This time they put their hands up and said they had no idea what was wrong, even after reading the fault codes.
So now back to the distributer, who have taken two weeks and two visits with no results.
They have today rung to say it was a fault within the injection computer, and they will fit a new one in the morning. So watch this space and I will confirm if they are right.
Currently in rendauphine's garage:
2008 Laguna III 2ltr dCi 150 Dynamique FAP Automatic Hatchback and Vel Satis Privilege 2003 2ltr 16V Auto. Renault Alpine GTA V6 1989 Norm Aspd. Vel Satis 2002 3 ltr V6 Diesel Initiale Auto. Renault 25 Baccara 1991 3 ltr V6. Laguna Mk2 2001 3 Ltr V6 Initiale. Avantime 2002 3 ltr V6 24V Privilege Auto. 2002 Megane Cabriolet Expression 1.6 I 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome