Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - HELP!!!! This Clio is driving me insane

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2007 Thread Starter
Dianne Wood
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault - Clio - HELP!!!! This Clio is driving me insane

Taken me ages to find out how to do this again so bear with me! I bought a Clio 1.4 2003 off my lovely Uncle in March. Had it valeted, which I think might be the problem. .. a few days after that (in March) the central locking started clicking on and off - sometimes for the whole journey sometimes for half a mile, it would do this for a whole day and then nothing for a month .... and so we go on. It even locks and unlcoks after walking away in a car park. Two nights ago it did this constantly on a journey of 6 miles and then the burglar alarm went off - and would not stop. The battery had to be disconnected. I have taken it to the Renault dealer and they put a diagnostic thing on it and it says there is a fault - don't know where though. This time I rang up and they said unless the fault is evident at the time, no good. Today my son took it in whilst the locks were clicking on and off and it stoped whlst talking and then started up on its own accord. The guy had never seen anything like it! Short of spending a huge amount of money that might not solve anything has ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS PLEEEEEASE. It sthe newest car I have ever had and the biggest pain in the.... Thank you Dianne
Currently in Dianne Wood's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by Dianne Wood
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Clio - HELP!!!! This Clio is driving me... Electronics LOUIS CHIRON 11 3089 7th September 2007 08:37 AM
Di Wood Electronics chris m 2 975 26th April 2007 11:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome