Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clock and Trip keeps zeroing

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
As promised I am letting you know how I got on with the Scenic problems.

The clock/trip problem has been diagnosed as needing a new steering lock assembly. Seems this is causing the computer problems.

The starter problem is more serious. Seems the car needs a new flywheel. Ouch!

The car is under 4 years old, travelled 63,000 miles and this sounds major to say the least considering the age and miles.

It also needs a new wire so I can start the car by depressing the clutch pedal. How did that happen?

Cost = Steering lock fitted 269 - Clutch wire fitted = 30 - New flywheel fitted = 923 to save you working it out that = 1222.

Spoke to my local service manager about the age of the car (not in warrantee) and not happy about the major faults as you can imagine. He suggested contacting Renault Customer Services . To cut a long three day story short Renault have agreed to pay for 50% of the repair costs.

600 and odd pounds but better than the above.

At last something positive from Renault. The car parts should arrive Monday and the car is booked in for a couple of days as it will take this long to repair.

So, if any of you out there, I am sure there is, have this problem then contact Renault Customer Services . I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Currently in Meeker's garage:
Scenic 2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome