Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 1.6i Idling problems - Engine cut out at junction ?

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to rendauphine
Proof of the pudding

Well I collected the car at 15.30 hours to-day. It must have been a sign in that the sun was shining with the air temperature of 23 deg, which is high summer conditions for Aberdeen. I drove thew car back home which is about 18 miles. The first 4 miles was through the town in the rush hour plus it was the end of the oil exhibition, so the traffic was very heavy. The engine water temperature stayed steady without the fan coming in. The first 4 miles took about an hour and half an hour for the rest, so the conditions were just about right for something to go wrong. Low and behold we got home without any problem, and long may it last.
I haven't yet had time to speak with the Service manager or the Technician to get their stories about what happened.
Reading from the invoice goes like this:-
Checked for gearbox going into safe mode, carried out fault finding, checked all wiring, power supply etc, ok. Replaced throttle body multiplug, fault still present, contacted Techline & advised to replace computer, replaced injection computer & coded & tested ok.
Labour 247
Materials 347
Total including VAT 698.87 it's just as well that I can claim the VAT.
What I need to check is why Techline could pin point the problem so quick, as overall it has taken a month to solve.
I'll be back with an update on the answers.
Currently in rendauphine's garage:
2008 Laguna III 2ltr dCi 150 Dynamique FAP Automatic Hatchback and Vel Satis Privilege 2003 2ltr 16V Auto. Renault Alpine GTA V6 1989 Norm Aspd. Vel Satis 2002 3 ltr V6 Diesel Initiale Auto. Renault 25 Baccara 1991 3 ltr V6. Laguna Mk2 2001 3 Ltr V6 Initiale. Avantime 2002 3 ltr V6 24V Privilege Auto. 2002 Megane Cabriolet Expression 1.6 I 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome