Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Abs ring ?

Thread: Abs ring ?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Abs ring ?

Hi All

I recently bought my 53 plate renault clio dynamique 1.2 16V 3DR in January, all was working fine into around April. I started hearing a grinding noise and a popping feeling on the front brakes when braking below 20mph. This got worse over time and i rang a few garages up and they told me ''the disk brakes and pads need changing'' I got both my front disk brakes and pads changed today and I'm still have the same problem of a grinding noise. The mechanic who fixed it said it sounds like you need to change the ABS rings this would be a cost of 120 per wheel because you need to also change the drive shaft. Im not very good with cars so i don't want to do it myself but will changing the ABS rings fix the noise and how much for a mechanic charge to supply and fit ?

Also another not every to I'm stuck in traffic or at lights etc... when setting off the car engine and gear box shake sometimes really bad. Again the mechanic said its just needs a new Stabiliser Bar bolted to the gearbox and engine, is this correct ? and again how much to supply and fit. I looked on internet but a few come up and not sure if its the right one his talking about ?

If you could link my to the items i need to buy, preferably on amazon as i can buy from there that would be great
  5 Lastest Threads by Hickey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Abs ring ? Brakes/Hubs Browning 3 463 15th June 2015 07:06 PM
Various Renault problems Brakes/Hubs Hickey 3 427 29th April 2015 07:41 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome