Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Any ideas please?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Took thermostat out a couple of days ago as a precaution and it is knackered but i'll replace that when the rest is working correctly
Going to fit the new water pump today and hope that with head re-tightend, new water pump on, radiator flushed, engine oil flushed, oil filter replaced, that things will go a bit smoother today as the bloody car as wonderfully useful as it is just an enigma to me!
Why on gods/allah's and any others I failed to mentioned (although none more important than any other to keep the pc brigade happy) did Renault in their infinate wisdom decide to use mostly different components on the engine than Peugeot did!
I had effectively the same engine in My faithful 306 D- turbo and other than at the very begining (here's a pattern emerging) in the first six months I had water pump replaced head gasket done including head skimmed and pressure tested, new radiator, new glow plugs, new rear steering mount bushes replaced, new discs, new exhaust, stabiliser bar replaced 3 times on each side new front springs all in 3 years other than that it was dream to work on and drive and even I managed 600 miles on 1 full tank whilst taking family on holiday, hmm I must have lucky added to my name on my birth certificate!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping I won't have to add anything else to this post thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Currently in BORO-PIKE's garage:
Scenic 1 1.9 RTDT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome