Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Voice Synthesizer

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The only problem as you say; is the dash board compatible? I have the high end which was orginally required to drive the voice synth.
I have the pin out of the dashboard connector, showing two wires creating a multiplex connection to the speech sync. A further two connectors for repeat and discrete (extra switch you mention).
I have SAT-NAV fitted, so the speaker is fitted and used for that. However on the back of the SAT-NAV CCU is a connection for Voice Synth mute, and Voice Synth speaker in, and speaker out. (connected to speaker for satnav)

I don't have the reverse override, so there is a blank for the voice switch. However behind the fitting plate there is a switch connector. I do not know what this does. Poss for the voice Synth. The diagrams I have, show pin outs and wiring, but does show the colour codes.

The info I have renault changed the dashboard the begining of 2002, yet early 2003 (52) cars had the plate fitted.

I'm tring to work out if the later dashboard support the function. My personal option is yes.

If you enter my build no. of my car into dialogys then it shows it with the voice synth.
I'm tempted to get the parts and give it ago anyway.

Reverse sensor override. I do not have that switch, but I'm also looking at connecting one up. Did anyone have them as standard? I see for the reverse sens module it is a question of earthing one the pins. My intital thought is wire it to the towbar electrics. The new standard for caravans is to return a sensing to the car. thus auto disabling while towing. Thats to come later anyway. i'm also tring to findout, can you light that caravan light on the dash. Not even renault dealers know that one.

I have several crazy projects, one is too interface into the CAN multiplex network and blue tooth info off into my PDA. (thats for later)
Currently in NETMAN's garage:
2003 Laguna ST int 3.0 V6 & 2005 Clio Exp DCi (65)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome