Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
EGR Cleaning

Purly as a preventative measure I have just removed and cleaned the egr valve on my 52 plate 1.9dci with 80k on the clock, I have had it since 66K
It was very easy to remove using Plus Gas penetrating oil It came of with a twist of the wrist , It was not very dirty but I cleaned it with celulose thinners and an old toothbrush and a centle wipe with 1200 grit USED wet and dry oiled to remove slight rusting on the barrell and it went back with no problems, I took photo's so if anyone wants a copy of them email me at Bongolo3 at and I will send them to you
Thank you all for the postings , they have been invaluable I can change a window regulator including cable drum strip down with ease, change the rear suspension bushes, change a smashed drivers side window some kind person put a bottle through , sorted out my climate control panel all these for under 75.00 fantastic, THANK YOU ALL
Currently in Vivaro1's garage:
2003Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome