Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #73 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My Scenic an auto alize 1.6 model started have starter problems for the last 6 months and until recently I put up with it until it took 10 plus times to start.

So I looked up on the net for advice and found this thread. Thanks for the advice I located the Top Dead Centre but on my model with all the pipes and electric wiring going past it, there was no way to remove it by an amatuer like me. So I simply resulted in spraying wd40 direct onto the TDC sensor, more in hope than expectation. This in itself was difficult because of its location.

Thankfully though the cure has been instance, starts first time, every time now. I am sure this is no coincidence because I have done nothing else to the car and prior to that moment I was living with the problem daily avoiding the thought at some point the car would need to go to the garage to resolve issue and the expected cost that would insue.

So thanks for this thread and for anyone else like me who has a model where removing the TDC is not simple, try cleaning the sensor in situe by spraying it with WD40.
Currently in pja8's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic 16v 1.6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome