Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Howwwww Much?????

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2007
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by VEL SATISfied View Post
Developed a horrible rattle from the exhaust this morning on the VS so this afternoon took it to a national exhaust centre to see if somthing had come adrift etc.
Drives in and the guy said just what I was dreading "sounds like the cat"
Up on the ramps "yep your cat has gone and some of it has travelled to the back box.
Check the book, no VS listed, phoned the suppliers who said that they can't just supply the cat due to the design but have to supply the whole exhaust. How much?
1500.00 was the lowest price 1500.00
He said he will call me back on Monday when he can speak to some other suppliers but has anybody else heared of not being able to buy a catalytic converter and should it of gone in 3yrs and 2 mths?
What do you think?
hi gareth here my vel is an 03 model the exhaust on my car looks ok at the moment will let you know of any faults as they happen the only thing that i have noticed is that when i fill the washer bottle i can see some of the liquid dripping from under the car close to near side head light. will fix it tomorrow gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome