Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Wet Footwells 1996 Espace

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sorry haven't read all the replies but I had water in my passenger footwell last year.

It was after the side quarter light had been broken by some mindless idiot! The glass had shattered but had stayed in place so I put tape over the glass to hold it in place until the glass was replaced.

Glass was replaced through the insurance and all was well. A few months later the passenger footwell was full of water and I mean full! At least three inches deep!

I pumped it out and dried as best I could. Contacted glass replacement firm they took car away saying the door/wing mirror seal had been left off and they couldn't get a new one. Car went back to them but they said they didn't have the equipment to dry the car out. It never dried, in fact itslowly filled uo again. I complained and they said it was nothing to do with them.

Contacted the insurance company. They arranged to have the car taken into local Renault dealers. They removed dashboard and found quarter light leaking. Bloke from glass replacement firm said it was the windscreen - it wasn't!. Anyway they sealed all the internal seams of the fibreglass panels that had been disturbed during quarter light replacement. refitted the quarter lighht and sealed it. sealed the wing mirror housing anyway, touch wood, it's been OK since then.

It took weeks to dry out by the way!
Currently in chrisball666's garage:
2009 Honda Accord, 2015 Renault Captur, 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive, 1972 Honda CB 500 and a 1996 Nonda 90
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome