Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #185 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

This seems to be the right place to put this.

Right... my sensors work fine and a couple of weeks ago started showing a very slow drop in pressure on the nearside rear.

I assumed it was a slow puncture and as the tyre was very close to minimum legal tread I took it to my garage last week to get a new tyre put on. No problems with all that.

However over the last few days the pressure has still been dropping (about 2psi per day). When I reinflated it this morning I noticed a tiny bit of leaf or something whizzing about near the valve. I put some spit around the valve and there is a very slow leak around the edge of the valve between the thread and the nut (nut behind the valve near the wheel?).

Is it possible to replace the valve section on the outside without replacing the sensor?

(Incidentally, having read a lot of the earlier threads... I had a problem with a valve in France and a new sensor had to be fitted. They replaced it and then took the car to the local Renault dealer to reset the system at no extra charge! Vive la difference! )

Currently in Orinoco's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome