Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - HELP!!!! This Clio is driving me insane

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Dianne Wood View Post
Not very technically minded - sorry!
Having told my husband about this, he was reluctant to try it as apparently if you take this bridge pin out it would render the car unable to drive and I would have to have the keys reactivated or something?
Please tell me this isn't the case and I will give it a go.
Also on the way to work (minus the radio) this morning I heard what sounded like water trickling - either from the sunroof or passenger window? This is the second time I've heard this now - but on investigation - no water. I am at a loss!
Many thanks

Hello Dianne ... Bridge pin? the bridge is a multipin plug that Renault use to connect the Cobra alarm system (factory and accessory fit) to the cars central locking ... it acts like a splice to the cars wiring, you should have no problems if you disconnect/reconnect this bridge after the battery is disconnected. The Clio2 can get its knickers in a twist if the battery goes flat (see the Clio FAQs for details) but I've never had any problems with the keys in this situation and I've fitted 3 of the Cobra alarms to the Clio2's for myself and friends.

Make sure all the work is done with the battery disconnected. A tip before reconnecting is to switch the sidelights on before reconnecting the battery ... this prevents any spikes damaging the ECU .

If you have an electric sunroof the water noise is the drains for the roof .... check they are not blocked if so you will get water in the car eventually ... the drains are situated at the front of the roof at each side .... I used a flexible fibre glass pole about the size of a wire coathanger and gently pushed it down the drains .... also check at the back of the front wheel arches behind the liners that the drain exits are not blocked.

hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 13th September 2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelling
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome