Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - another keycard thread "Damaged card"

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
another keycard thread "Damaged card"

hi folk

have trawled through all the keycard threads and found some really good interesting info out there an a lot of folk with good knowledge...
so time to ask some questions!

just bought a Laguna estate, but one of the key card wasn't locking the doors, i had worked out myself that something was loosse inside it by the rattle, then found all the info on here about repairing them... so now the problems start.

while opening the card i obviously wasn't careful enough and slipped an cleaned off some components (at the opposite front corner from the opening button)

does anybody have an old useless card that they would be willing to part with so i can see if i can transfer the offending parts?

the light on the card works with the button replaced and the transmitter disk and chip are un damaged,

im hopping that replacing damaged components it may work? worth a try before forking out hard earned cash to the local dealer?

any comments or old key card to experiment with would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Currently in airthfamily's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Estate
  5 Lastest Threads by airthfamily
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.9dci Laguna dipstic legnth Engines airthfamily 2 863 30th August 2013 12:32 AM
another keycard thread "Damaged card" Electronics excavator 1 966 10th September 2007 06:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome