Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Driver window problem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electric Windows

Not so much of a reply but another request for help. I have been trying to sort out a friends drivers side window problem on his 51 plate Scenic. I replaced the regulator/motor as the original one had seized up at the cable reel drive. All seemed fine and the window went up just fine, but would not go down. By swapping wires over at the motor, and activating the switch to UP, the window went down!

Now this is not an ideal situation as you can imagine, but I am getting a bit lost. The wiring diagram in Mr Haynes seems to show that the drivers side switch is fed 12v through the blue wire, but it seems that the orange is live and when the switch is operated up, it interrupts the flow. So could it be a relay, I thought? Back to the book to find the relays are beneath/behind the fuse box (what a pig to get out!) however it seems that on this model the relays are an integral part of a PCB/Relay module (read expensive)

Is there anyone out there with a similar experience and more importantly.............a cure. I don't like being beaten by electrics.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome