Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault main dealer broke my car

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
went to renault this morning at 8am as was arranged by them with the promise of taking the car straight in walks up to the customer service desk says goodmorning and gives them my name the chap then walks over to the bookings board and comes back and says "IM SORRY SIR YOUR NOT BOOKED IN AND WE ARE FULLY BOOKED TODAY" at this stage i was on the verge of loosing it completely i told the chap to get the manager out ,the manager comes out and ok's it for my car to be taken in .

the chap then asks what the fault is as i try to explain the chinless wonder next to him butts in with "the windows did not work when he brought it in" after a few choice words aimed in his direction he gets up and storms into the managers office and the chap dealing with me proceeds to book me in meanwhile the chinless wonder comes back out the managers office with a face like a smacked **** and sits sulking at his computer.

9:15 the young chap comes out and shouts me over and says we found the fault it was a wire disconected from the electric window switch on the drivers door he says we dont know how this came to be unplugged but it seems to have effected everything on the door panel this being a multi switch which incorporates the switch for the rear child locks.i say to him at the top of my voice "and renault didn't touch anything" he then refers to the regulator not working in the drivers door and says we have a part in stock and as the door card is off do i still wantthe work done i say how long will it take he says about 40 minutes i said go ahead.

10:15 i approach the service desk and ask is this going to be much longer the chap nips through and comes back and says another 15 minutes as they are just checking everthing is working.

10:50 i approach the service desk and as in my calmest polite voice" wheres my fecking car" he says i'll just check and disapeer through the back and says thats it done for you would you like us to give it a quick wash and hoover for you i tell them where to put there sponge and hoover and say just give me the bill

the total bill was for 310.48 pence the must have charged me rent for the time i spent in there showroom over the weekend i'll definatly not be using a main dealer in future unless absaloutly nessesary.
Currently in RIKER1's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome