Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Catching front brakes Trafic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2015 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Catching front brakes Trafic

I thought my days of roadside running repairs were over....sadly not. At least the habit of carrying a tool box is still with me!

10 days ago I replaced the front pads after a drive shaft gater split throwing grease around. I'd done a 100 miles all below 40mph locally and today set off on holiday to Spain from Scotland in the van.

I thought I detected a funny noise/vibration on the motorway but it was very evident braking to leave M6 onto A66. I pulled over and jacked up the passenger side. The wheel wouldn't fully rotate. It was catching.

The outer pad seems to tell the tale.

As does the disc.

The new pads are wider or being forced further in towards the centre of the disc and one pad corner is lifting onto the inner rusty ring the old pads didn't touch.

I checked everything was free and drove on. Carefully. Over the next 200 motorway miles the symptoms improved. Less noise and vibration and I suspect the pad is wearing to the disc.

I'll check in daylight and decide whether to change pads, change disc and pads, carry parts to Spain or do nothing.

I've one day to effect repairs, I'm on an afternoon ferry from Portsmouth on Sunday........

Any comments folks?
Currently in ballibeg's garage:
2008 Trafic passenger 2.0dci 115
  5 Lastest Threads by ballibeg
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Whining ancillary belt Trafic 2.0 dci 115 Engines ballibeg 10 221 12th August 2016 07:05 PM
Trafic number plate light not getting 12v Electronics ours2012 2 79 18th July 2016 08:40 PM
Ha ha Jokes & funny stuff funkoval 14 483 2nd May 2016 08:36 PM
Trafic 2.0 PAS pump Steering and Suspension ballibeg 7 347 8th April 2016 05:09 PM
Driving test General Chat ballibeg 31 986 13th March 2016 07:42 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome