Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - HELP!!!! This Clio is driving me insane

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 13th September 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by LOUIS CHIRON View Post
Hi Truckbusuk,
I too have this problem, but only when i switch the engine off and open the doors.
Mine's a 52plate 1.2 expression and doesn't have an alarm so do you know if the solution for Dianne Wood would also work for my car or could it be something else?
This is driving me crazy!

Hi Louis, if your car doesnt have the Cobra alarm then it wont have the bridge that I mentioned in the previous post ... in your case I'd have a check at all the ground straps on the car, esp. the one in the engine bay from the battery to the body ... also check the strap from the fusebox as this problem really sounds like a poor earth somewhere ...

Has the car had any accident damage? ... if so thats the first place to check for the security of the ground straps if any ... sorry I cant be more specific, its really a question of working through them and checking they are tight and not showing signs of corrosion.

The last thing is the central locking is controlled by the multi timer unit under the dash at the side of the fusebox ... I dont know how to check it except to make sure all the connectors are pushed home and secure ... I'm sure you need the Renault CLIP tool to check it, so thats a visit to a dealer unless you know an independant that is capable.

Hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome