Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2006 56 1.5 dci diesel questions

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2015 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio 2006 56 1.5 dci diesel questions

Originally Posted by Coventry View Post
To play devil's advocate here, try to step back and gain a little perspective. Yes, there are reported failures of the dCi fuel system across various models of Renault but relatively speaking they must be a minority. Renault managed to sell huge volumes of the Clio and Megane with that engine and not all fail prematurely.

Internet forums are a poorly representative sample of a car's reliability, after all when was the last time someone signed up to a forum to let everyone know how well their HP pump is doing?
Hi. Sorry I've just seen your reply. For some reason I don't get email alerts on new replies even though it usually does?!

Anyway, strangely I was going to post just now on a similar thought I've been going through in my head - surely thousands (?) of meganes and clios with this engine were made and surely less were affected with this issue than those that were? I'd just like to know how much of a gamble on it happening actually are but I know realistically this is impossible unless someone has been gathering such stats?!
Pretty much most of the used Meganes and Clio I see for sale most often are the dci and have racked up good mileage so they've clearly been unaffected (up to this point?!) and I see many on the roads (especially Meganes) but maybe those on the whole aren't dci engines? Who knows. All I know is the idea of a dci going pear shaped because of this worries me because it's a major problem but at the same time my head is telling me chances are less likely than definite and surely many other car makes and models have a car which suffers a similar fault where you could be one of the unlucky ones? Maybe like with all car ownership to some degree it's all a gamble on s@#t happening?

Also if it was a common fault, why wouldn't Renault have recalled them or otherwise dealt with it? Because it's a costly one to solve for everyone owning a dci engine version?
Currently in funkin79's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Expression - 2007
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome