Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2006 56 1.5 dci diesel questions

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2015
Platinum member
Nominated 14 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Clio 2006 56 1.5 dci diesel questions

The dci is a very good engine when running well but when when things need replacing it can be exspensive compared to a petrol engine as I found out yes it has a very good mpg but when you look at petrol price to diesel there is not much in the mpg
my daughter bought a corsa d 1.4 and gets 60mpg easy my kangoo 1.5dci would get just under that but would cost more to buy the diesal
the corsa c she had before the d she owned for 10 years apart from a tdc sensor failing and service cost it just kept on going my other daugter also got a corsa c at tne same time and still has it differance is she just keeps driving it then just when it needs an mot tells me this ab that needs doing so I have to do a service and sort out any other problems she lets build up one was very poor running an mpg tezt showed air flow meter commom fault not cheap but on the vx forum I found out you just remove it spray with carb cleaner leave to dry refit and job done the tdc was next that was the original part and would not come out normaly a 5 min job I had to drop the sump to get behind it the first one I ever did on the other corsa c just fell out
With all the renault petrol cars I have had and working on the daughters cars plus the wifes mgf I would never buy a 1.5 dci again
Currently in bugsb's garage:
MGF 1.8 1999/ honda hrv 2002/ x type jag se 2005
The Following User Says Thank You to bugsb For This Useful Post:
funkin79 (5th July 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome