Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - V6 Variant - Member Opinions and Buyers Advice

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Benny
I had a V6 in a Dynamique spec tourer.

As chakota says, it is a lovely engine. Drinks like a fish (especially when you're being "enthusiastic" ) but that growl really is special.

It is a fairly reliable engine, which is why I can't understand why they've alomst dropped it in favour of the 2.0T.

Things that do go wrong though...the coil packs blow. Regularly. Not a huge issue, but they aren't the same as those used by the 4-pot engines, so make sure you carry a spare. Also, to get to the rear bank of cylinders, you have to take the entire intake manifold off.'s pretty good. Aisin Warner SU1-002 on the early V6es, which gets the guess right 90% of the time. Always nice when you feel the surge of power and the growling noise as it drops a cog and everything starts to get small in your rear view mirror

Economy wise...agree with the above again. It does NOT like dual carriageways...average for those was around 20mpg. On a long motorway run though, it used to do about 35mpg at 65mph...which I thought was excellent.

Driving wise, it's a really nice car. The engine feels like the right amount of power for something that size, and it really does fly when you want it to.

I'd have another one one day

Currently in Benny's garage:
His other half up the wall
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome