Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Replacing Rear Shock Absorbers

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Not to wish to ruin anyones attempt to change their shocks but I would like to add my two pennies worth!

I have just changed mine on a 2001 1,9 DCI Estate They didnt need doin but I had to do them when as a result of trying to undo the top bolt to drop shock to change the rear bushes I found that the metal sleeve of the shock mounting had corroded to the bolt and as I undid the bolt it snapped the rubber mounting allowing the sleeve to turn with the bolt. Even with multi - grips it wouldn't budge!

I tried loads of WD40, even so expensive freeze and free spray that was bloody expensive and e! Even tried the old blow torch after stripping filler neck out of way but no joy.

In the end I had to angle grind the bolt and removed it that way. Waiting for new one from Renault now!

I also had to use heat on the bottom of shocks on both sides as these had also corroded themeslves onto the axle moutning.

But overal it wasn't too much of a problem, but cars being cars I jsut wanted to add that things dont always go the easy way!
Currently in Taters's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dci Privilege Sports Tourer: 2002 Renault Megane 1.5dci 80 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome