Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by jacqui alive View Post
Hi Adam
I'm so sorry about your car - I know exactly how you feel twice it happened to me!!!! Outside lane of busy motorway speeding along then no power to engine. Throttle body they said it was - well I'm telling you I wanted throttle somebody on those two occasions. VERY FRIGHTENING!!!I have written to Renault UK will let you know there response if you are interested. I also contacted watchdog and are waiting for them to get back to me!!!
Hi Jacqui,

I also experienced this today. In fact less than 2 hrs ago. So I came home and googled this problem and arrived at tis forum which was recommended by another local forum in Singapore.

My dad bought the car 2nd hand (6yrs old) about a week ago. I sent it to a BCC car shop in Sin Min Industrial estate (Singapore) immediately and spent $1K changing the side and centre mounts, clutch and battery. (+labour)

When I was driving the engine lost power and died on the spot. It is seriously a very frightening experience especially when my car stalled in an area near a local nightclub with drunkards exiting the place with their sports cars.

I somehow suspected the engine died and tried to restart. The red light in the centre flashed and the stop button light up. On second try, a mechanism prevented me from turning the ignition key again. Called AA and delivered the car to the same workshop. Will know the problem tomorrow. I am seriously dissatisfied with the quality of this car especially when it was serviced 1 week before this happened.

After reading this forum I am amazed that such rampant problems in this car went un-debated without a recall to solve all this issues but to let their owners experience and pay for problems which are inherent to the design of the car.

Last edited by dejavu; 14th September 2007 at 09:56 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome