Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 05 laguna STOP/CHECK HANDBRAKE msg wont turn off

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 05 laguna STOP/CHECK HANDBRAKE msg wont turn off

After a month of pulling my hair out like an angel dropped from heaven my nextdoor neighbour had a mechanic at his car (toyota of some sort)that had the same problem amongst other things.
His dash was like a xmas tree,anyway,while i was told the rear brakes were replaced(saw receipts) the previous owner "forgot"to mention it was only the shoes/pads that were replaced,not the discs which are at about 20%,70-100 each cos they are a bearing and disc in one.
He (mechanic)had a proper diagnostic computer with him,not a renault can clip,did a reset and turned the stop msg and yellow spanner off for 10.
They still come on/off occasionally but at least i know now whats wrong,not brain surgery to replace disc/bearing once you have the right tools so im not too botherd about the price,cheaper than a new apb module.
WHY cant car manufactuars/engineers just leave these things alone,nothing wrong with a manual handbrake????????
Currently in Irishlagunaowner's garage:
2005 renault laguna 1.9 dci dynamic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome