Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

View Single Post
post #85 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2015
Lost it
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio - Interiors - Air Bag Fault Lights

And here's mine.

I have a LOT o fault so f experience with jaguar. They have a habit of producing spurious EML's and other strange lights so I've found that it's simplest to grab the multimeter and wiring diagram...

I bought my daughter a Clio dCI for learning to drive in, she's now passed and uses it for her everyday car, it too started with the "Service/Airbag" trick. So I jumped on here, had a read, then got a haynes joke book and started working through the wiring. The underseat wiring fix was done as a matter of course, and that at least made the light intermittant.

But following the diagram increasingly led me towards the switch in the passenger door that turns off the airbag on the passenger side.

So I changed it. The lights went out... This was over three months ago. Now they only cycle when the car is started as they should.

I'm pretty sure that this is related to the fact that if it's raining it's wide open to water ingress when you open the door, I took the old one apart and found it full of dust and other debris.

They are cheap enough, readily available at the scrappers and easy to do.

So if your car has this fault and nothing else has worked, why not give that a try?
Currently in Lost it's garage:
Jaguars, more Jaguars and a Renault Clio for my daughter to learn to drive in.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome