Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Amplifier installation

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to spottedhaggis Send a message via Skype™ to spottedhaggis
Still struggling

Hey all,

Been a while since I have been on. thought I would give a little update since have had the car now for 4 months.

Still runs great, think EGR needs a clean but scheduled for when 1st service comes up beginning of October.

Had this horible vibration at very low revs that made its self known when lifting foot clean off the pedal, really noisy, and sounded like some plastic vibrating.

After looking, looking more, and looking again with car up on jack, could not see a thing, so decided to get my 7 year old daughter to push the pedal slightly and low and behold it was the little plastic air intake pipe that runs from behind the headlight to the air filter box. The join was loose as the screw which simply goes through the plastic was bare.

Replaced screw for slightly larger one to allow same hole to be used and it started whistling, lo, but vibration had gone, so adjusted it further to pull the connecting plastic tighter together and its gone, I am so pleased now, it does not make any noise at all.

Moving on, Amplifier.

I have not made any progress on this at all, I have tried several times but cant seem to find any way to get into the engine bay, and if I did it would be so low down that I would need to remove half the engine compatment to be able to get at any cable feeds.

I cant believe that not a single person in this forum has installed an amplifier to a Laguna II model, surely someone must know the best way to do this.
Currently in spottedhaggis's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9 DCI Privilege....and is loving every second of it
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome