Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

This must be a common fault on the clio, I had already posted my faults but got no replies, So sorry to cut and paste this in here.
I have a 02 Clio 1.2 16v extreme. Which was running fine until about a month ago when I started getting the infamous Orange Electrical Fault Warning Light,with the added bonus: of lack of power, intermittent stalling at really bad times and bizarre engine idling ( the rev counter dancing back and forth like the car trying to stop it self from stalling ) and problems just trying to start the car. Looking through this and many other forums on-line, I noticed I was not alone. I thought I had the answer the tamper proof black box at the back of the engine covering the ECU , was indeed loose a slowly cutting through the engine wire loom. I removed the box and had wire checked and repaired, All was fine until this morning when the car started fine but with the revs bouncing up and down when idling, no power , just being able to crawl a few before cutting out and this time a clicking noise coming from just be hide the driver headlight. ( some sort of sensor I think, a black plug like device with an air pipe leading to the engine and wire leads ) this clicking continued for about thirty minutes even with the ignition off. Does anyone know what this sensor, or thingy is? I thought maybes something to control air for the injection but then I'm not a mechanic so who knows.
It has been in and out of my local garage who can not find any faults because its an intermittent it hard for me to show them the problem, I'm sure they think i'm lying when I take it back tommorrrow for the fourth time. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Currently in kafuk's garage:
2002 Clio 1.2i 16v Extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome