Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio Code Factory Fitted

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
radio codes

im in the same boat i have also purchased a vehicle and cannot find radio code, fortunately i havent disconnected the batt yet so radio still working. Is there a way of displaying code when the radio is on? I know there are computer programmes that can be downloaded that will generate codes for specific makes/models of sterios, dont know how good they are as i have not tried them. Remember that you only have 3 or more goes to get correct code or it will lock itself out and then will have to pay more bucks to unlock. Either way the best most reliable way is to get the serial num on the back/top of radio and supply this to dealer or other company, they can also do this from the vin num but radio may have been replaced at some point so deatils on database will be different, they should keeps these records for about 10 years i think. You may be lucky and someone may have written the code on the stickers of the radio, just a guess. Either way a dealer may charge up to 30 for the code which is a rip off in my opinion.
Currently in carlitos's garage:
1.6v megane monaco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome