Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Master Handbrake Snapped

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th July 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Master Handbrake Snapped

Hi all, I have used the search function to no avail other than finding a link to a guy who made a new cable from stainless.

I'm pretty new to Renaults, having had old VWs, Land Rover, and Toyota (Hilux) in the past - so my 2007 Master van is like a space ship to me in terms of new-ness. I'm pretty mechanically minded, having rebuilt most of most parts on all previous vehicles, but I like to know what I'm getting into first especially as time is limited at the moment.

Anyway - the handbrake cable snapped. I thought it would be simple but I can't find info anywhere on its replacement, and sourcing a replacement cable is like drawing blood from a stone. Two companies have both assured me they were sending me the right cables and both times I have received the rear cables and not the front section.

I've just ordered one from europarts which looks promising but we'll see when it gets here (

From looking at it, it looks like replacement of the front section involves removing the retaining clip from handbrake lever and pulling the cable & outer out backward from the point where it joins the adjuster mechanism. This may involved removal of the fuel tank (?).

Can it be done without removing the fuel tank, if I were to send a strong nylon cord down with the old one in order to pull the new one through? Or are there retaining clips I need to get to which prevent this?

Any help much appreciated.
Currently in seandotsh's garage:
2007 Renault Master DCI 120
  5 Lastest Threads by seandotsh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Master Handbrake Snapped Brakes/Hubs seandotsh 1 597 10th July 2015 09:42 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome