Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is my auto choke broken!?!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Is my auto choke broken!?!

Hey guys,

Got back from holiday for 2 weeks with the car left standing the whole time. Went to start it and took 2 or 3 attempts to finally get it going (normally starts perfectly).

When it did start, the revs went up to 4000 and just stayed there!!

My brother works in a garage so I went to drive it there, and on the way the car was fine once in gear and moving, however as soon as you go to change gear, 4000 revs!

They said the accelerator cable might have been stuck inside the something box (I'd already pulled it a few times to make sure) and sprayed some lube on it for me for free. It was fine on the way home. Phew! I thought.

Go to start it again today, starts first time, but as soon as it starts the revs drop to just about 0 then it ups to about 1000 and is stable. This happens every time I start the car, change gear, stop etc.

Got round the corner, stopped at some lights and it just cut out. No lumpy stall or anything, just switched off and then the battery and oil lights came on. Obviously I freaked, so I started it again and just went home.

Is my auto choke getting the idle revs wrong or do I need to charge my battery and fill up on oil ? I haven't checked the oil levels yet cos it's been heavily raining since, and I don't have anything to check the battery with.

Thanks in advance guys!
  5 Lastest Threads by el_chupanegre
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Is my auto choke broken!?! Cars & motoring Lagdti 3 1185 17th September 2007 09:31 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome