Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Tail light cluster problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Laguna II Tail light cluster problem

Hey ALL - please can someone help.......................

I have a Laguna II 1.9dci Grandtour and for a few weeks i have noticed that the reversing sensors sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, now last friday they stopped all together and around he same time I noticed the reversing lights didn't work. I thought "fuse" so i took a look and nope all ok there.

i then thought if the bulb(s) are duff, it's maybe breaking the sensor circuit, so with the ignition on , car in reverse, I removed the light clusters and changed the bulbs - nothing except an initial very dim glow that fades away!

But............. I accidentally removed both bulbs (nothing in either bulb socket) and because i was standing in front of the sensors, they started beep beep beeeeeeeeping, so I know the sensors work , but only with the reversing light bulbs removed.

At the same time I checked all the other bulbs and although the bulbs are new and work, the rear fog lights don't work either. How long for I don't know , as we don't get much fog over here

So my problem is that i have reversing lights and fog lights that don't work and reversing sensors that only work if there are no reversing bulbs in the sockets. Tail/Brake and indicators on the same cluster "plate" are all fine.

Odd? certainly is to me. Not being an auto electrician can anyone point me in any direction that i should be looking as being a tight-ar**d Scot I'm not keen on visiting a main dealer - especially here.

It seems light a short circuit somewhere I guess, but could it be moisture, corrosion on the light cluster "plate" or whatever, all pointers and ideas greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance
Currently in Maq's garage:
2010 Range Rover Sport HSE (LHD) & Clio 1.4 16v RTE (LHD)
  5 Lastest Threads by Maq
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II 1.4 16v non starter Electronics Maq 0 806 1st February 2012 09:11 AM
PLEASE READ : FIXED Laguna dci - warning light,... Laguna mikk1301 22 28289 4th August 2009 02:16 PM
2004 Clio 16v sport on "fire warning" ... Interiors ottoman 4 1250 12th February 2009 12:19 PM
Laguna II clutch issue.........weird Engines Lagdti 7 1827 9th February 2009 02:04 PM
It had to happen............. Engines bpowell555 8 1855 19th October 2008 06:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome