Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Tail light cluster problem

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'd guess that there's a high resistance somewhere between the positive feed from the fuse box and the rear of the car.

Without the bulbs fitted, you're still getting +12v through and that's triggering the reversing sensors, but with the bulbs fitted, they're pulling the input down to a much lower voltage, and that's obviously not high enough to trigger the parking sensors.

My money's on a loose connection somwhere, with the plug onto the gearbox reversing light switch being the most obvious suspect. Though it's possible that the reversing light switch itself is faulty and just isn't making a good contact.

Have a mooch around the search facility, as I think this has already been covered elsewhere. If not, then get back to us and hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

I'm not sure about the rear fogs - they sound like a bad connection somewhere or even a bad earth, but I can't see how either would affect the reversing lights in that way, so I think the two faults are coincidental.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 17th September 2007 at 11:55 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome