Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Battery Light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Battery Light

I have a K Reg Clio RT. Currently in the mornings the battery light comes on after starting the car. The car starts fine. After less than minute driving that light flickers then goes out completely then it won't be on again till the next morning.

Now its had a new alternator and battery so you would think these would be fine. It has been happening for about the last 4 days. Every time it shows the same symptoms as above.

Recently I added a wire direct to the battery sandwitched between the 2 flat connectors on the + terminal feeding the + wire on the radiator fan as this was not getting power. Now although it did not happen straight after this I think it maybe related.

This morning the light came on and it started fine. Went off after about 40 seconds. When I got to work after about 5 mins. I turned the engine off. Turned the radio on, lights, heater fan on full and rear window heater. Then started the car 3 times all OK. The revs also didn't drop more than expected with all electrics on.

Now I'm not 100% sure what the issue is. It seems to me the battery is OK and it is charging OK.

Would the wire I put on have something to do with it? It is fused with a inline 25AMP. I have got a connector to put on the + terminal end to see if that makes any difference and if not will remove it completely to rule it out.

I guess I could check the power when the car is running to make sure the alternator is OK.

Where is the battery light fed from? Somewhere in the circuit or on the alternator?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for reading.

Currently in danzx2's garage:
Punto GT
  5 Lastest Threads by danzx2
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Battery Light Electronics flying carrot 13 2724 18th September 2007 08:26 AM
Clio 1.4 RT K Reg rad fan not working Heating & cooling danzx2 2 1535 30th August 2007 08:29 AM
K Reg Clio 1.4RT falling apart!!! Engines chris m 6 1218 17th January 2007 09:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome