Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Electrical problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi Coachman (or anyone else!), I see you know your stuff when it comes to electrics. I need some advice off you if possible. I have a Clio 1.2 16v Expression (Y reg 2001). Lately the Immobiliser seems to have packed in. When I press the alarm fob, the doors open and the hazards blink, but there is no beep to accompany the blinks. Ignition turns on fine when the key is turned but when you turn to start the car... Nothing! If you push start the car, it works. Here's the funny thing..... If I switch on the hazards or an indicator at the same time as I try to start the car, the starter motor turns over! It only turns over as the lights blink ON so it only turns over for a second and then stops and then turns for another second etc... This is sometimes enough to get the car started in the morning and once the engine is warm it starts ok (using the hazards!). Now that it's getting colder in the mornings this method is no use and I have to push start.

I'm pretty sure it's a multitimer problem but I thought I'd get some advice before I run out and buy another one. Also I wonder if you know how to re-program the alarm and fob once the multitimer is replaced?

Perhaps it's not the multitimer and just some crossed wires?

Please advise anybody! Your insight would be greatfully appreciated....
Currently in Nemo's garage:
2001(Y) 1.2 16v Clio Expression

Last edited by Nemo; 19th September 2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Extra info
  5 Lastest Threads by Nemo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Clio - Electrical problems Electronics bigshow 5 2127 18th September 2007 01:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome