Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help Please , Rear Brake Line

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2015
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Help Please , Rear Brake Line

Where about are you based? I only ask as if you tell people your locale then perhaps someone might make a recommendation.
If you were located in the Morecambe, Kendal, Blackpool areas I would recommend taking your brake line to EK Brakes, the flexi hose should unbolt from the pipe, but if you are struggling to remove it then I would not hesitate to replace the flexi whilst I was at it. (they're not expensive)
If you undo the brake line at the caliper/wheel cylinder then follow the line back (or forward as the case may be) to the next available connection (which may well be the master cylinder)

A good, reputable motor factors that the trade uses should be able to replicate the brake line, their experience will be able to identify which coupling is needed to fit into the flexi.

Mark S
Currently in ice's garage:
2001 Espace 2.2dci, 2005 Espace 2.2dci, Renault Megane 1.6, Citroen Relay, Ford KA & Peugeot Vivacity 50cc (in pink) & 2007 Espace 2.2 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome