Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Roof bars part with ESPACE on M25

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 19th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi there, just checking which model number of the roofbars you have & price please?
renault charge 150

Originally Posted by Truckbusuk View Post
Wow lucky, and eventually a good result ... maybe .
I've have had an 18mth running battle with Renault on the Roofbars on my 2004 Priv.

The first time we used them the bars just rattled and creaked and constantly gave the impression that they were about to part company with the roof.
My dealer looked at them and stated that "they all do that Sir" , Not happy I went to RCS , and complained my face off.

Eventually they agreed to replace the bars ..... 4 sets and one upset dealer (I guess they are paying for them!) later I've now got bars that dont rattle or move when there is a load on them .. even the RTE at the dealer was surprised at the noise and even more surprised when we finally got a quite pair.

The downside to this is that I now have no confidence in the roofbars at all , and have now purchased a set of Thule aero bars, which dont move, rattle, or give the impression that they are about to part company. they are also flat so I dont need the strange roofbox adapters and my bike also fits the roof with no problems now.

Renault deny there are problems, but the dealer now tells me they have had several in with the same problems ... they guess people just put up with the noise .... hopefully they dont experiance them parting company like you have ... very scary

I wonder if any one else has had problems on Espace IV's ?
Currently in tango's garage:
espace mk4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome