Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Bodywork - Sun roof leak - 1994 Clio

View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 19th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have this problem too, though it's not nearly as bad as my last Clio. The water is just sitting in the light switch in the central console, and spills over when it's full, I generally take it out and empty it, and it's ok for a while til it gets full again. My Dad keeps wittering on about blocked drainage pipes, and I've noticed that you've said that the 94 models don't have them, and I'm just wondering mine does; I have a 97 P reg 1.4 Clio Sport. I'm assuming the waters coming through my aerial as it's not terribly bad, just annoying, but with winter coming I want to get it sorted sooner rather than later, and just wanna make sure that if there are any drainage pipes that they get cleared at the same time. Thanks.

As for infra-red receivers, I got a brand new one from a small Renault Garage in Chorley (the Clock Garage near Morrisons for anyone in the area) and it cost me about 70 for the new part and fitting, they even sealed it in a small plastic bag to protect it from the water, and stuck some sealant on the aerial (this was on my last Clio).
Currently in TrAr's garage:
Renault Clio MkI 1.4 Sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome