Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Used Renault Modus Service

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Used Renault Modus Service

Hi all,
First of all, congratulations! this web looks fantastic! and looking your comments I have solved some doubts I had. However, there's still one thing I need help with.

I recently adquired a Renault Modus 1.5 dci 65 in a car supermarket. The car was registered on January 2005 and looking at the service booklet, it was serviced in an official Renault garage when it was 12000 miles.

The car has now 42500 miles and there's not more service stamps on the Renault booklet since the one at 12000. The onboard computer says that the next service should be done in 5500 miles, so, I assume that it's pointing to the 48000 miles service.

My questions are: If the computer points to the 48000 service, does it mean that the car was serviced when the car was 36000 miles and the computer was reseted? If the service is done outside Renault, should they stamp the Renault service booklet?

Another doubt is that I don't know the last time the oil was changed, so, I was wondering if I can rely on the onboard computer to know when I should have it changed.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards.

Currently in elpadrinogiorgio's garage:
Modus 1.5 dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by elpadrinogiorgio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Used Renault Modus Service Cars & motoring Donald 5 3008 20th September 2007 03:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome