Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus Side Indicators

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Modus Side Indicators

When I first took delivery of my Modus I noticed that one of the dipped beam bulbs was pointing downwards. I was already aware at this point that a bulb change for the Modus means removing the front bumper, so I got to it and after about an hour managed to remove the headlight unit to get to the bulb. To my horror I discovered that the bulb holder was broken, hence the bulbs downwards angle. It had been botched using a screw and washer. Worse was to come, because when I removed the opposite unit I discovered that the same botch had been fashioned there too. I managed to improve the botch jobs using some superglue, as I couldn't afford new units at the time, but it's only a temporary fix - come MOT time the bulbs will no doubt be shaken loose again, so I will be getting new units soon.

This got me thinking. If I'm going to be fitting new headlight units soon, why not upgrade the amber lenses of the indicators to clear lenses? No problem, easy enough to do. But I can't find replacement clear lenses for the side indicators on the door mirrors. This is all theoretical at the moment of course, but my question is this - can it be done?
Currently in shaunxtc's garage:
2005 Renault Modus 1.5dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by shaunxtc
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Leaking Modus Rear Window Bodywork shaunxtc 0 469 26th July 2015 03:58 PM
Modus Side Indicators Bodywork shaunxtc 0 330 22nd July 2015 08:58 AM
Hello and thanks! Welcome to RenaultForums Phil48 3 263 22nd July 2015 08:37 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome