Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hub nut / axle nut stuck - Tried almost everything

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2015
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hub nut / axle nut stuck - Tried almost everything

Hi I have just done the brake discs back and front on my Vel Satis 3.5 the back one's have the bearing and ABS rotor built into the disc, because of the very high torque I used a 3/4 socket set about 40.75 off Amazon and a scafolding pole for extra leverage, I can guarantee this will undo your nut with out question but make sure the wheels are on the ground so you can use the weight of the car to loosen the nuts,also do not reuse the nuts always use new nuts for safty reasons nobody wants a wheel nut to undo at speed, my car has 180Nm torque on the wheel nuts I guess yours maybe close to the same torque.Make sure you use the correct torque setting for the wheel nuts.also may I tell you that a very thin coating of white grease should be used on the pick up rotor on the brake disc only as per Renaults work shop manual,use only cera tech grease for ABS braking systems not copper grease as it has been band for about 8 years or more hope this helps you Gareth from Chester.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome