Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

View Single Post
post #107 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

Hi everyone, I've had the dreaded handbrake fault on my 08 grand scenic for nearly 2 months, it's the reason I joined the forum to see if I could find a way of clearing it from the dash without spending silly money at the dealers. I have found some useful information and tried many things. even found a friend who connected it to a bosch reader which cleared the fault for 3 weeks (cost me 2 bottles of wine) then the fault came back on.

the reason for my reply is I have come across a solution (completely by accident) which has worked on mine and won't cost a penny or too much fiddling around for you to try.

so I had another fault which got picked up on mot, my brake lights would only work when the lights were on. I started by looking at the earth points around the car and that's when I realised the fault had gone off the dash.

Okay so to clear fault your try this,
1/ use the procedure to turn on full ignition
2/ go to the battery, leave it all connected
3/ on the negative post there is 3 10mm nuts, take off the first one (furthest away from the car body) and move the main earth strap away.
4/ start to remove the nut nearest the bodywork (as you do this it should arch and you will hear a relay clicking). don't take it fully off.
5/ bolt it all back together and that's it.

I have done this twice now as after the first time I pulled the handle and the fault came on so I tried it again and the fault went. I have changed the handbrake switch as I thought it could be faulty and haven't had any problems or faults on the dash since.

sorry it's been such a long reply but I think its worth trying before spending any money on obd readers or Renault dealers.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome