Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II ECU failure?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd September 2007 Thread Starter
Scouse Mouse
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II ECU failure?

Hi guys

I've had a problem with my electronic steering lock recently

I have now replaced the lock with a breakers unit (changed the internal card) and plugged it into the loom before fitting it. The car started first time and I felt so chuffed I decided to celebrate with a brew (well, it was ony 1:30 and the missus would kill me if I went to the pub without her anyway!)

Came back out after about an hour and the problem was back.

Auto electrician came round and spent 2 hours on the car, stripping the steering lock, the old lock, checking all the indvidual components which work fine. THe only thing that was showing on the diagnostics was error inside column lock.

I've been scratching my head, the wife's head and everyone elses head now and the only thing anyone has come up with is that it could possibly be the UCH . So.......

...where does the UCH hide on an 02 plate Laguna II?
...what does it look like?
...If it needs to be replaced is it a main dealer job only?

All advice/help/information will receive my eternal gratitude (and a pint if you can get round this way!)

This car is costing me a fortune just to sit outside the house - and the missus is costing me a fortune in taxis to work every day!
Currently in Scouse Mouse's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.9 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by Scouse Mouse
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Keycard or reader problem - desperate for help! Electronics Scouse Mouse 11 1216 25th January 2015 12:12 PM
Laguna Central Locking Electronics Scouse Mouse 5 1140 3rd August 2014 10:31 PM
dashboard lights out Electronics Scouse Mouse 2 965 11th August 2013 03:43 PM
Laguna Driver's Seat Interiors Scouse Mouse 0 663 27th July 2013 08:25 PM
Laguna screen washers Electronics Scouse Mouse 2 679 10th June 2013 07:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome