Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS Light on - Can't find problem Renault Clio

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2015
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: ABS Light on - Can't find problem Renault Clio

Originally Posted by dami3n View Post
Good evening, I had my car off the ground for a few weeks whilst I did the engine. Now the first time I lowered her I didn't have any problems with the abs.

Raised her up again to do some more work. Lowered her down and now I have an abs light on. I had the drivers side wheel off the whole time thought maybe a bit of water got behind the abs sensor.

I checked the brake fluid, abs fuse underneath the drivers side first to see if it was something simple. Still showed up.

So I tested the abs sensor I got a reading of 39.1 on resistance I checked it with the other side that gets a reading of 39.6 so there is not much difference. Only problem is there isn't any reference online or in my manual to tell me what resistance it should be....

It's left me scratching my head. Is there anything else that could be causing the light to come on. I only have a cheap scan tool that reads engine codes doesn't tell me anything about ABS.

Any help would be great, can't say I wan't to fork out 30 for an abs sensor if this ones working.

The abs sensor is one that clips into the hub assembly and touches the bearing.

The car is a renault clio 1.2 16v MKIII if it helps
Hi are you sure you have your wheels on the right hubs ie if you have taken off both wheels while you were working on the car you could of put them on the wrong side this will bring on the ABS light, if you open your drives door there should be a picture of a car which will show a colour code for each wheel it should be above the door lock each wheel valve has a coloured rubber ring make sure they match the hubs as per the picture hope this helps Gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome